HI FRIENDS + FAM!!

March 23, 2020

Hi Friends + Fam!! 

This has been the CRAZIEST week of my mission by far. We have had news on the daily updating us on this coronavirus. We've been quarantined since Thursday + just found out we will be going home soon! I can honestly this week has been HARD. It's been a lot of waiting + so much unknown, but many genuine prayers have been said + I know God answers in His own time. 

I've had plenty of time to think about the past year and a half + WOW it's been incredible. I can't even begin to put into words how grateful I am for ALL of the tender mercies of the Lord. I never ever planned on serving a mission + really the whole idea of serving just scared me. I didn't think it was for me. I didn't feel like I could do it. I felt like I didn't know enough. I felt the need to pray about whether or not it would be a good idea, even though I have already made up my mind (or so I thought). As I began to pray about it every day for months I had soooo many little experiences prompting me to go. Finally, as I was reading my patriarchal blessing one night it became SO clear to me that I needed to serve. I am beyond grateful for the decision to serve a mission. I know God's ways are so much higher than ours + this was all part of His plan. I am so thankful for His patience + persistence in opening my eyes to His bigger perspective. I can't imagine my life without these life changing experiences. These Jamaicans + TCI people have truly changed my life forever. 

A list of 5 things I learned as a missionary (this list could go on for years, but I'll start here):
1. The purpose of life. Not only, "it's the time to prepare to meet God," but genuinely what this life is all about. It's about reconciling ourselves to God through Jesus Christ. It's about hard work, repentance every single day to become a little bit better. It's about loving + serving others, overcoming the natural man + choosing spiritual over temporal joys. 
2. I've gained such a strong LOVE for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I now KNOW that Jesus Christ has felt all of our pains, anxieties, weaknesses, sicknesses, etc. + perfectly knows how to comforts us. He can enable us to do things that are beyond our own abilities. 
3. The importance of humility/selflessness. It truly is in caring more about others that we really come to find ourselves. The Church of Jesus Christ teaches all about giving, loving, sharing your time + talents to benefit others. The EFY song "It's Not About You" has come to mean a lot to me. (Go listen to it!) 
4. Love for others! My love for others has multiplied times 57389287. As a missionary you have this crazy ability to see people through a little portion of Heavenly Father's eyes + it's AMAZING! I hope to continue to see others through Heavenly Father's eyes.
5. The Spirit! Holy moly the Spirit is one of the most fascinating things EVER! The Holy Ghost plays so many roles in our lives. It's a comforter, teaches us truth, enlightens our minds, warns us of any kind of danger, leads us back to Heavenly Father, gives good thoughts + actions, + seals ordinances + covenants. 

I now KNOW with everything in me that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. I know our Savior lives. Our Heavenly Father is SO aware of us. He loves us +  wants the very best for us. We go through trials + challenges in this life to bring us closer to Him. There is absolutely NO pain, anxiety, weakness, sadness, sorrow, etc. that Christ hasn't felt + that He can't help us overcome. His gospel is perfect + it's the ONLY way to find true + lasting happiness + peace. If you want a better relationship with Heavenly Father, read the Book of Mormon! If you want to know if your Savior is real, read the Book of Mormon! If you need peace, comfort, help, or happiness read the Book of Mormon! That book is truly the word of God + will forever change your life. These things have become so real to me. 

Thank you for following along this beautiful, crazy adventure!! Never forget that your Savior + Father in Heaven love you.

Lots of Love, 
Sister Allen (Hallen as the Jamaicans say ;))



-Cutie Portmore. Sad to say goodbye so soon. 


-Men are that they might have joy!


-Enjoying our last day before quarantine

-Peace out Jamaica. I love you so much!!! 

Comments