February 24, 2020
ELDER + SISTER RENLUND
Hello!!
We had an apostle in Jamaica this week!!! We had a missionary meeting with him on Saturday and a District Conference with him on Sunday. IT WAS SO GOOD! Wow even just being in his presence, you can tell he's a man of God. He brought such a peace to each meeting. One thing that I LOVED most about Elder Renlund speaking was His sure testimony of Jesus Christ. He went on + on explaining that he KNOWS that Jesus Christ lives. He said that Christ is able to heal + help anything in our life that is amiss. His testimony was powerful + definitely helped mine. Sister Renlund shared an amazing talk + spoke about their experience on a safari in Africa. She said they gave them 3 rules on this safari. 1. stay in the vehicle. 2. be quiet. 3. hold still and do not stand up. Sister Renlund REALLY wanted a picture of a lion + she couldn't see the lions from where she was so she decided to just open the door a little + stick her head up. As soon as she did 8 lions lifted their heads + looked directly at her. She went on to explain that often we think we are exempt from certain rules, that it's okay if we're disobedient because that rule doesn't apply to us. BUT she said that the rules are always for our benefit. Our Heavenly Father sees the entire picture + we see a little piece. He sent Christ to set the path for us to follow. If we settle in our hearts that we are ALWAYS going to live as Christ lived, when the moment of decision comes, we will have already decided.
We had the privilege on Sunday to sit on the stand behind Elder + Sister Renlund. As I looked out at these 600 jamaicans + their dedication to this beautiful gospel I started tearing up. They don't live in the easiest of circumstances, yet they choose to trust in the Lord + His perfect plan for them. This gospel is SO true. No matter where you are in the world, what circumstances you're in, the gospel will bless you. I PROMISE!
I absolutely love this country. One minute there's 6 jamaican men "psst"ing at you, calling you beautiful, + proposing and the next minute there's an old jamaican lady telling you you're fat. This week it's mostly been old women calling me fat. Good thing I've been here for nuff time so I don't get easily offended. Hahaha my self confidence is all sorts of whack from living here, but it's cool.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's church on the Earth. Read the Book of Mormon! It'll change your life for the better.
Love,
Sister Allen
Sis Horton and I
Little Chrisanny form Negril
The McKnights for Negril
Comments
Post a Comment