January 27, 2019
Hi Friends + Fam!!!
Not sure how Justin (Elder Allen) + I can have such similar thoughts throughout the week + be on opposite sides of the world, BUT it's pretty awesome. Read his email! It's so good!
This week I was thinking A TON about spirituality vs. worldliness. Throughout my mission my vision has widened since I've been focused on pretty much all spiritual things. I've been able to see things in such a new perspective. If our goal is to overcome the natural man + become truly spiritual beings then why do we even have worldly things? Sometimes I've wondered why we don't just go to the temple, pray, and read our scriptures every day (I know some of you are probs laughing at me for being such a "missionary"), hahah but it's a serious question I've had. I found an awesome quote this week that finally answered this question!! "Exaltation is in the harmonious relationship + unity between the temporal + spiritual." Heavenly Father allows us to be in a world full of opposition to teach us, see how we will respond, + help us become like Him. One of Satan's biggest tactics is getting us to focus on wordly FIRST + God SECOND. When really ALL the answers to life are solved when we put God FIRST + wordliness SECOND. We have worldly things for a purpose, but we can truly overcome the natural man as we choose to put Heavenly Father + the gospel of Jesus Christ before everything else.
The Elders had a baptism! His name is Dennis + he's incredible. These sweet tourists gave him $40 american dollars (which is basically like a million jamaican dollars) to go buy new shoes. He was BEAMING when he showed up on Sunday with brand new shoes. There are so many good people in this world!
We have been visiting/reteaching a sweet member who had completely fell away from the church many, many years ago. She's struggling with a lot of things + feels like she'll be judged if she goes back to church. She LOVES when we come to visit her though. She ended our little lesson with, "You bring back the light in me that was once dark." It was so sweet! Every time we go we just feel a little bit of our Father in Heaven's love for her. He so strongly desires to have her back, as He does with all of us. It's SO amazing being able to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for EVERY. SINGLE. CHILD. It can be easy to feel like we are just another one of His millions of children, but that's completely false. He loves every one of us more than we can even comprehend. No matter how far gone we feel like we are, we are NEVER past what the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers.
Choose ONE thing to improve on this week to put spiritual things before temporal things! You'll be blessed, I promise!
xoxo,
Sister Allen
-cutie Sis Campbell
-a horse crossing the street
-Sis Horton and I
Comments
Post a Comment