August 12, 2019
Hellooooo :)
The subject is hilarious because our Bulgarian friend who we volunteer with at Salvation Army is still learning English + said this to us. She meant "What's cracking?" + we still haven't stopped laughing about it.
NADEGE WAS BAPTIZED! The light that truly SHINES out of her now is amazing. I know I've said this a million times, but watching how much the gospel changes people's lives is THE BEST THING EVER!!! She has two little boys who are going to get to grow up in the church now + that just makes me so happy!
One thing I've learned on my mission is to never ever judge people. You really have no idea what someone is like until you talk to them + truly get to know what they've been through. Last Monday a man yelled over to us + asked what our book was. Of course we explained that it was The Book of Mormon and asked if we could come teach him more about it. SO we showed up at this mans house + found out he has been through a lottttt. I mean A LOT. He used to be addicted to drugs, rob banks, etc. etc. + decided to turn his life around! Now he is literally SO COOL! He is really searching for a way to follow Christ. He showed up at church + then came to Nadege's baptism after church. He says he wants to keep coming + learn more!
Living on a dreamy tropical island is really awesome, especially when we're invited to fancy dinner parties with fancy members! Brother Mason is the manager at a resort here + is basically the nicest man ever. He invites us over to his resort once a month for a fancy (not to mention superrrr delicious) lunch. He was baptized in Utah when he was an exchange student there years ago. His sister who he stayed with in Utah a long time ago came to visit so he invited us all over to his villa for dinner. He had some of his other friends come as well + it was so much fun! We get to meet the coolest people with the coolest life stories!!
We had zone conference this week + it was SO good! President Parker spoke a lot about revelation + light! Everyone on this Earth has been given the Light of Christ. Often times people don't recognize it as the Light of Christ, but every single person has the innate desire to do good. It's up to us whether we act on that desire, but we all have it. This is given to all of us because of Jesus Christ. We are able to receive more + more light in our life as we follow those promptings to do good.
Disclaimer: Life isn't always sunshine + rainbows as a missionary (even living on the sunniest island of them all). There were a few days this week where I just felt like I couldn't do this anymore. Some days I struggle with a lot of anxiety + feelings of worthlessness. BUT through all of the hard days + moments I have truly come to know how much God loves me. As soon as I ask Him for help, He relieves my worries + helps me handle things that I could not do on my own. I KNOW now that Jesus Christ has truly felt every single pain, worry, frustration, doubt, etc. purely out of a LOVE for His Father + for us that I don't think the human mind can comprehend. I am forever grateful for a Savior who knows me perfectly + can help me in ways that no one else can.
Serving a mission is THE best decision I've ever made. If you're thinking about going, DO IT! You will not regret it. (Also, shoutout to Justin who's leaving to the Philippines in two days!!! So proud of you!)
I love life + I love this gospel.
Xoxo,
Sister Allen <3
Comments
Post a Comment