TURKS + CAICOS aka Paradise

April 15, 2019


Friends + Fam! 

Next stop on my Carribean cruise....TURKS + CAICOS!! Hahaha just kidding missionary work is FAR from a cruise but I do get to serve in the dreamiest mission ever. I got to Providenciales, Turks + Caicos on Thursday + it's been crazy, overwhelming, + very different from Jamaica, but I absolutely love it here! I got on the tiniest little plane with 7 other passengers + flew across the ocean to the most beautiful place! Anyone who knows me knows that I just about had a heart attack getting on that tiny of a plane, but as I was flying over the ocean + staring out into the clear blue ocean I had some thoughts running through my head. I just thought about how much Heavenly Father LOVES His children. He has given us the most beautiful world! I felt so at peace as I looked out of the plane + thought about our Heavenly Father. He is capable of ALL things + absolutely knows what's best for us. We just have to let Him in + trade our will for His. Missions are stressful + scary. I'm pushed out of my comfort zone every single day. BUT that's the only way we can grow! In the words of the Hugh Jackman on the Greatest Showman, "Comfort, the enemy of progress." I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father pushes me outside my comfort zone so I can grow + learn all that I need to learn. 

 I've had three companions this week, Sisters Ivie (she's going back to Jamaica), Gould (she's going home), + my new comp Sister Cutright! I am beyond excited to serve with Sister Cutright!!!! She's the sweetest, cutest human. Sisters Ivie and Gould have set up this area with THE most amazing people ever that we get to continue teaching! I'm so excited for all the progress + success coming soon! Sister Cutright + I will be driving! YAY! And we get to be on the regular missionary schedule because it's much safer here than in Jamaica. I'm really happy about that :) 

There was a baptism on Saturday morning here in the gorgeous ocean! James is the coolest guy ever! He's about 40 years old + just such an incredible person! He shared his testimony after he was baptized + said that the first thing we need to greet people with is a smile. People should be able to tell that we're followers of Christ from just looking at us. THAT'S SO TRUE! The Light of Christ will RADIATE from us as we truly follow in His steps. 

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL YOU APRIL BIRTHDAYS!!!!! Sorry I'm the absolute worst at remembering + emailing people on their bdays. Just know I love you all!

Love, 
Sister Allen 

PICS NEXT WEEK I PROMISE 

Comments