TRUST IN GOD + JUMP

July 15, 2019

Hello!

This week was an absolute BLUR! I swear they are getting faster + faster. I turned 9 months! I feel like I just got here from the MTC + still have no clue what I'm doing hahah. I've really learned the concept of faking it 'til you make it as a missionary. Well more like rely on the Spirit, trust in God, + everything will be just fine! It's definitely harder said than done, I've learned + grown so much more on my mission than EVER in my life. 

I'm convinced people in the Caribbean are the NICEST people in the world. So many of them literally have nothing + they are so willing to give us EVERYTHING! We ate at a really delicious beach restaurant to celebrate my 9 months + our cute friend let us eat for free!! She said the good we are doing can't be repaid. We gave her a BoM + are going back to teach her! Our sweet friends started a little restaurant in their yard + let us test taste all of their food! We got BBQ chicken, haitain patties, fried plantain, + chicken tacos. IT WAS SO YUMMY. Why are people so good to us?! 

We started teaching a cute new friend named Kenya. She works at a fancy resort so we always meet her at her job to teach her. We had an INCREDIBLE lesson with her on the Restoration + she was so excited at all the things she learned! She kept saying that she was so happy to finally have found the truth. We started talking about the Book of Mormon + she said "CAN I HAVE ONE?" Hahaha we love her + are so excited to keep teaching her! She said as soon as she finds out this is true she'll be baptized! Woo! 

There's a member from Grand Turk who got to fly to Provo for church yesterday + he was so happy! He lives in Grand Turk to work for his cute little family who lives in the Dominican Republic. It's INSANE the sacrifice these people go through to take care of their families. He has been missing church + finally was able to make it. NEVER ever take for granted this gospel! There are people who have to fly across the ocean just to make it to a church building + most of us have church buildings down the street. We are blessed. 

There are so many good things that happen every day + I just can't include everything in an email! If you're thinking about serving a mission, JUST DO IT!!!! You won't ever regret it. In the words of our branch president this week, "Trust in God + JUMP." This is something I've had to learn over + over again throughout my mission so far. We have to put forth faith + take a step forward. Heavenly Father knows best + is ALWAYS there to catch you. 

Love love love you all <3 
Sister Allen 

1. Funny members from Haiti + the Phillipines!
2. Boogaloo's (restaurant on the beach) 
3. Cutie Brianca. The sass maste




Comments