True Conversion Takes SACRIFICE

February 18, 2019

HI! 

This new mission change is the CRAZIEST thing ever. Talking to fam every week will be such a blessing! I'll try to keep my emails going though. 

This week Sister Mitton and I had a 20 min portion in Zone Conf on how to be a successful missionary. We felt extremely inadequate to be teaching other missionaries how to be successful BUT we survived. We focused on turning our will over to the Lord + becoming who He wants us to become. We only have a very short time to give our 24/7 attention to the Lord so we have to make every second count! It's really incredible what the Lord can make of us if we just surrender our will for His. He sees the bigger picture + truly knows us better than we know ourselves. The rest of zone conference was so so good! The missionaries in our zone are the best! 

Valentines Day was interesting...our laundry guy asked us out to dinner...we said no hahah. We went to the Savanna-La-Mar branch Valentines party, which started 2 hours late because that's just how Jamaicans are. We were talking with some other missionaries while we were waiting + somehow I mentioned I wanted a black baby + this Jamaican guy who was there said, "I'm free." Hahahah we had a good laugh. These crazy Jamaicans. 

We also drove to May Pen for District Conference (It's like stake conference but for branches) this week. It gave me so much hope for Negril seeing all of these incredible members from all over the island! There are such strong members here who sacrifice SO MUCH to be members of this church. It's incredible. Sister McKnight is a member here in Negril who is the mother of 3 kids. She used to be a party girl + met the missionaries years ago, turned her life around, + is now the most amazing member! She teaches seminary from her home for the very few seminary students, takes care of her kids and sometimes the neighbor kids, makes it to every church activity, + is ALWAYS smiling. Her example has taught me so much! One time in sacrament meeting she said something along the lines of, "If church was on the moon, I'd still find a way to make it." The Lord needs STRONG members in these last days who are willing to sacrifice. 

I love you all! I love this gospel. It really does change lives. 

Love, 
Sister Allen <3

sorry we're at a sketchy internet cafe today so I'll send pics next week!

Comments