May 28, 2019
Hiiii!
I really don't even know what happened this week so here's a teeny tiny email! It was some sort of Hero Day yesterday so that's why today is pday. It rained a lot this week + I've never seen more mosquitoes attacking all at once ever in my entire 21 years of life so that was really fun! Thank heavens dengue doesn't exist here!!!
Our English boys came to church! We teach English classes once a week, which consists of 4-10 twenty-ish year old males from Haiti. I've never seen twenty year olds SO excited to be at church! They were beaming + it was really just the cutest.
We had district conference broadcast from Cayman + it was SO GOOD! It was definitely an answer to lots of prayers + questions. I really loved a talk on faith! I've always thought of faith as just a belief until my mission! Faith is HUGE! The speaker talked about how we need to know the Savior, listen to Him + His prophecies + then expect miracles. We have to have that faith and KNOW that God will send angels, help, answers! D+C 84:88! God is so willing to send us help + answers, but it's up to US and our faith. Faith can move mountains!
This week consisted of LOTS of finding + door knocking (terrifying + honestly good for all the U.S. missionaries who have to do that every day!) We met the cutest children ever who begged us to bring them home with us. Unfortunately, the white handbook is against that. OTHERWISE we would have so many cute kids in the back of our car! We also found some really awesome people who said we could come back! YAY!
This church is TRUE! I've been able to seen that clearer than ever here as a missionary. I've had experiences that I absolutely cannot deny that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the complete TRUTH! It's definitely not easy living it, but nothing worth having ever comes easy.
This turned out to be long haha congrats if you made it this far! I love you all a lot!
Xoxo,
Sister Allen :)
1. The cutie kids we're teaching. We blindfolded them to do a little object lesson on the apostasy + let me tell you it was a very accurate depiction of craziness and confusion! Haha I love them!
2. A random tourist member bought us 2 things of ice cream + we finished them both in 2 nights! Mistakes were made + we're serious this time about starting a diet tomorrow ;)
3. The cutest picture Little John drew for us!
Comments
Post a Comment