September 2, 2019
Hiiiii!
Hiiiii!
First of all, please keep our zone leaders in your prayers! They are currently in a category 5 hurricane in Freeport, Bahamas. Luckily the storm completely went around us, but we have been doing a lot of emergency preparation stuff just in case this week. Living on a little island is all sunshine and rainbows until hurricane season. Scary stuff man.
THIS WEEK! We have been teaching a man named Ben, who looks a whole lot like Jack Sparrow. His daughter + her best friend were super interested so we started teaching them as well! THEY ARE INCREDIBLE. Benshika is 18 + Gabby is 17 + they just LOVE meeting with us + talking about Jesus Christ. They both read what we asked them to read in the Book of Mormon + accepted to be baptized on September 28th!! We are so dang excited for them.
Anita! Another cutie lady we're teaching who has the hardest life situation. She really opened up to us this week about a wholeeeee ton she's going through + it really made me think about how much people are going through that we don't see on the outside. She's always always smiling + happy, but actually has the hardest situation. Don't judge, because everyone is struggling with something. We had an incredible lesson with her + she also accepted to be baptized! One of the hardest things here is that everyone has already been baptized and believes they don't need to be baptized again. We asked her to pray about it though + I truly know the Holy Ghost softened her heart. The next time we saw her, she said she would be baptized!
Vilus! This man is super incredible + LOVES loves loves to learn! He is super confused about religion + has seriously done so much research to find out the truth. He's learning english so he studies every BoM chapter we give him in creole and english and then comes back with tons and tons of questions. LITERALLY INCREDIBLE. We have tried teaching him about the priesthood about 64837 times + he just doesn't get it. SO if anyone has some creative ways to understand the priesthood, your girls need some help.
Just so you know, this island is the prettiest island I have ever laid eyes on + I def recommend it to ANYONE who's looking for a vacation spot. 10/10 recommend sunsets on the beach for dinner hour. Also, make sure there are no lizards in your shower BEFORE you get in it. Hahaha I'm pretty sure Sister Lichtenberg thought I was being murdered on Friday when a lizard decided to start running around the shower when I was in it. GROSS.
I know I know I say this every week but, THIS CHURCH IS TRUE! I've gained a love for the Spirit recently. Studying about it is so interesting!! The Holy Ghost can truly reveal so much to us, but it requires effort. Before my mission I don't think I really understood the Holy Ghost, but it's such a HUGE part of our lives. The Holy Ghost brings things to our remembrance, helps us in decisions every day, comforts us, + does sooo much more! It's amazing how much God loves us, and because of that love He has blessed us with a constant companion to lead us right back to Him.
Xoxo,
Sister Allen
1. cutie Angel
2. prettyyyy sunset
3. lizard in the shower
Comments
Post a Comment