February 3, 2020
Hi!!
Hi!!
We got transfer calls + I get to stay in Ochi with cute Sister Horton! I am SO happy! I'm definitely not ready to leave this amazing place. Big things are coming this transfer!
Elder Renlund is coming to visit our mission in 3 weeks + we are pretty pumped about that!
Sister Horton got sick + then of course I got sick because it's pretty hard to stay away from sickness when you're with each other 24/7. Luckily, it's just a little cold. No corona virus over here! Woo!
We finally got our sweet friends Sister Braham + Briston on date for baptism! There are still a lot of things to be sorted out before they can be baptized so we are fasting + praying that by April 18th everything will be good to go. They are INCREDIBLE! We have been teaching them since November + their faith has just continued to grow!
I've been studying the Atonement of Jesus Christ + have come to really appreciate Matthew 26:39. This is when Christ is suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. I think Christ knew to some extent what His role would be here on Earth, but this verse makes me think He didn't really realize completely. He volunteered to be our Savior, trusting that our Heavenly Father knew what was best. He might have not felt capable for such a task. He was in SO much pain. He was amazed at the trials, sicknesses, pains, heartaches of all of us. He had so much faith that His Father's plan was perfect. He submitted His will over to the Father. We might not fully understand when our Father asks us to do things. We might ask if there's another way, or if He can take away our trials, pains, etc. As we go forth with faith, He makes us into more than we could ever make of ourselves. He sees our full potential + is molding us into who He knows we can become.
I only have 2 more transfers of this crazy, beautiful adventure + I am enjoying every single day!!
Lots of Love,
Sister Allen
Sorry I forgot my camera cord!! Here's some old pics!
Comments
Post a Comment