December 23, 2019
Hi Fam + Friends!
Hi Fam + Friends!
This week we drove all over taking sisters to + from meetings + all over the island. Good thing there's much beauty to look at while we drive!! AND we've actually been able to proselyte in our area which has been AWESOME! We met some really incredible people this week. It's been so cool to see the Lord direct us exactly where we have needed to be! He had everything else fall through so we could visit a member when she was really struggling. He directed us to the sweetest Indian ladies who we had a 20 min conversation with. He even heard us when we said we wanted our neighbors to feed us + they came down + invited us to dinner!!! I LOVE being an instrument in the Lord's hands.
Sister Horton is incredible + I love her so much! She has only been baptized for four years + her conversion teaches me something every day.
I read the talk "Unwavering Commitment to Jesus Christ" this week from General Conference. If you haven't read it recently, READ IT! It's a good one. It talks about getting rid of our old ways + recommitting ourselves to Christ. I really loved the part that said that these beliefs aren't just doctrine that we hear, but something that has to truly take part in EVERYTHING we do + in the way we live. Our love for our Savior should change the way we think, the way we act, + who we are.
This week we got to teach a lot of Christmas lessons + help people focus their Christmas on the true reason for the season, Jesus Christ! We taught a lesson yesterday to a recent convert named Onturro. We asked him what his life would be like without Jesus Christ + he said "I would have nothing." If you really think about it, we would have ZERO reason to live without Jesus Christ + everything He's done for us. I am SO grateful for my loving Savior + the knowledge that I have of Him.
Sorry this email is alllll over the place! Keep focusing on CHRIST this Christmas + always. Do something kind for someone!!
Lots of love,
Sister Allen
-always trying to take pics with cute black babies
-Sister Horton!
-DRIVING
-Christmas socks
-mission conference last week!
-our sweet indian neighbors
Comments
Post a Comment