July 1, 2019
Hey!
Crazy crazy crazy that we're halfway through this year already! Time is FLYING way too fast. I absolutely LOVE this crazy island of Providenciales + thank Heavenly Father every single day for allowing me to serve here, especially with sweet Sister Cutright. We've decided that if we just turn our phone off + don't check our email then no one can ever send us back to Jamaica! (We're the only two on the island) Hahah but seriously pray that we don't ever have to leave this place!!
I'm pretty sure this mission is unlike anywhere else in the world. We are constantly entertained + I LOVE IT! Last night we were having a lesson with a recent convert + this man with a guitar walked up to us. He told us his name was Mac B in the streets, sang us a song while playing the guitar + walked away. Hahah I love being a missionary in the Caribbean!
Fun Things This Week!!!
-Lumarvens wrote us a missionary rap. It's actually SO GOOD. Stay tuned!
-We finally found a service opportunity at the Salvation Army + we met some super incredible people! One of the volunteers gave us a bunch of free books to give to our friends. Our cutie little friends were SO HAPPY!
-Another recent convert invited a friend to church!!! She came last week + this week + told us she wants to be baptized! We will be teaching her everyday the next few weeks so she can learn everything in time for July 27th!
-We started teaching this cute lady from a pizza shop we love + we taught her about the Restoration + gave her a pamphlet to read. She hugged it so tight + was so happy!
-I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! But what's new?! This is the hardest, but best thing I've ever done with my life!
Sister Cutright + I got to speak in church this week on the Restoration. Before my mission I knew this church was true, but now I can say with EVERYTHING in me that this truly is Jesus Christ's church. I've had so many experiences that I can't even begin to explain, but I truly do KNOW that this is Christ's church brought back to the Earth today. We have the Bible and the Book of Mormon to show us exactly what we need to do to return to God again. Life is hard + there are so many things still that I have questions about, but God has given us all the answers we need to have. He LOVES you + He wants you to return to Him. Do all that you can right now to be able to live with again!!! It takes hard work, but God is always there to help you out.
Please send me cutie pictures + updates of your lives! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Allen <3
1. FINALLY GOT LEGAL (after 3 months in the country hahah)
2. Posing like cutie CC
3. Books for our friends from the Salvation Army!!!
Comments
Post a Comment