LU IS BAPTIZED!!!

May 20, 2019


Hi hello everyone!

LU WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!! In his words, "Am I supposed to be smiling this much?" Hahaha he's so cool. It's been raining all week so we were all praying for a break in the rain so he could have a happy baptism. AND for the hour of his baptism it stopped raining for us! God answers prayers. Everything went really well + we topped it all off with Lu's favorite, Oreos. I'm pretty sure he's the next general authority or something. S. Cutright + I are feeling SO blessed to even be a little part of his conversion. (Even though it was ALL Heavenly Father.) 

Our friend James took us to eat at the famous "Conch Shack" this week. We ate a ridiculous amount of fried foods including shrimp, conch, some fish, fries, and plantain. YUM. S. Cutright + I keep complaining about getting fat but really we appreciate all the kind people who like to buy us food. (Last week we only bought kale and chicken in an effort to be healthy + bc we're poor missionaries.) WE ARE SO BLESSED. 

We made a missionary nametag for our cutie girl Farrar. She wore it to school + told all her friends about the Friend magazine, invited them to church, + talked about how she loves to learn about Jesus. Yay for missionary work! We adore her.

I'm really grateful for sweet S. Cutright who laughs with me when all of our appointments fall through, we have to weekly plan in the car, + almost get struck by lightning! (don't worry mom we're safe) Island life as a missionary is THE BEST ever! Never a dull moment. 

One thing I've really come to know is that we are eternal beings. We lived with God before this life + this life is alllll about preparing to live with Him again (Alma 34:32). Things in this life matter now + effect eternity. God has provided the PERFECT path back to Him. Everything points to Him + He will give every one of His children so many opportunities to find their way to Him. In Alma 21, Ammon is preaching to the people of King Lamoni. In verse 23 it says "they were ZEALOUS for keeping the commandments of God." Sometimes I obey the commandments because I feel like I have to or because it's just the right thing to do. But I want to obey the commandments out of pure LOVE for God. What can YOU do to more zealously obey the commandments? 

I love you! God loves you! Say your prayers + read your scriptures. 

Much Love, 
Really Happy Sister Allen <3


1. LU'S BAPTISM 
2. he's so cool 
3. conch shack! 





Comments