October 14, 2019
WAGWAN!
Missionary work is SO COOL! It's really just incredible how much we saw God's hand in the work this week. Sister Farr + I are working our bums off to help this area out + it's paying off. We NEVER receive referrals in Jamaica + we've received 5 in the past 2 weeks (hollaaaa!!). Our area is massive + one of the referrals was about 2 hrs away but Sister Farr + I really felt the need to go visit this sweet lady. We showed up + found out she was SO AWESOME! She has an adorable little family + is just the kindest, humblest lady who needs this gospel so badly. That lesson was full of the Spirit + I truly felt like the Savior being able to minister to the one. It was so cool.
I HIT MY YEAR MARK AS A MISSIONARY + I'VE DECIDED I'M GOING TO EXTEND FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER YEAR HAHAH. Jk President Parker won't let me, but I seriously wish I could.
Our friend Brother Thompson is on date to be baptized November 2nd. He is amazing!! The Spirit is truly just working with him + we're doing literally nothing. I love that the Lord just uses us to accomplish His amazing work.
We taught this awesome man named Sylvan yesterday for the first time. His girlfriend was doing wash, but we invited her to join the lesson. She said no, but as we began teaching she slowly started paying more + more attention to what we were talking about. By the middle of the lesson she had completely stopped washing + was paying full attention to the lesson. THE SPIRIT IS SO COOL. I can't tell you how many times that has happened on my mission. The Spirit softens hearts + brings God's children back to Him + the truths that we are ALL searching for. One thing I've come to realize even more this week is that all of us are God's children + because of that we naturally seek for light + truth. The Light of Christ inside of us leads us to that light + truth.
Parts of this week were kinda a funny joke with appointments falling through + scary men grabbing our hair + alllll sorts of craziness. This country is WILD, but it's my favorite place ever.
MY FRIENDS + FAM I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!! It's true + it brings happiness even in the hardest of circumstances. God knows you + loves you. Worry more about what God thinks of you than what anyone else thinks of you. Have the best week!!!!
Love,
Sister Allen :))
Comments
Post a Comment