November 18, 2019
Helloooo!
Helloooo!
It was another really great, really entertaining week as a missionary in the wild country of Jamaica. Sister Farr + I drove around the entire island to transport sisters for transfers...8 hrs + 20 mins later we got home absolutely EXHAUSTED. So much for proselyting! Hahah I just have to remind myself that we're serving in other ways.
We wanted to make brownies one night but we didn't have any sugar left so we knocked on our neighbors door who lives right above us. They are from India + the KINDEST people ever. They not only gave us an entire bag of sugar but welcomed us into their home + fed us the most delicious meal. It's SO cool that the Light of Christ is literally a gift that every single person on this earth has. These people don't even believe in Christ, but treated us so kindly. I've decided that I just want to travel the world + meet cool people my whole life. (Who needs college or marriage anyway?;)) KIDDING, OF COURSE.
I've been studying a lot about repentance lately. Repentance is SO COOL. It's so overlooked, yet so important! Repentance is just change. A change of heart + mind + self in order to become more aligned with the Lord's will. My entire mission I have expected perfection + get upset when I don't fit this "perfect" picture I have in my head. BUT when I was studying this week the Spirit taught me that if I think I need to be perfect I really don't understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ or repentance. As hard as it is to accept sometimes, we will never be perfect in this life. The Atonement of Jesus Christ + the ACTION of repentance allow us to be better every day + that's good enough.
Awesome quotes from the week:
"You look like a mermaid!" -B. Eddy to Sister Farr
"I'm truly happy + appreciative for the gospel of Jesus Christ." -S. Braham
"I can't dance in the sacrament hall. There's gonna be an earthquake." -S. Francis
"Sister Allen is it ur wish to marry in the temple one day?" -Onturro
BEING A MISSIONARY IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!! I literally love this crazy country + the chance I get to share the LOVE of God + Jesus Christ with everyone we come in contact with. Nothing brings more happiness. If you want to be happy, TRULY happy, center your life on Jesus Christ.
Likkle More,
Sister Allen
Comments
Post a Comment