I LOVE THESE PEOPLE

August 5, 2019


Hiiii!

My motivation to write a weekly email this week is at a -10 sooo here's a quick life update from Turks + Caicos. 

Nadage (Adline's daughter) is getting baptized! It's been so cool to watch her go from being very skeptical of us + what we were teaching to absolutely adoring us + lighting up because of this gospel! The very best part of missionary work is seeing that light grow in people as they learn more about Jesus Christ. 

We showed up to visit a cute lady in our branch + she told us that the day before she was smacked in the head by a door at work. Her head was hurting so bad + she was a little loopy when we showed up. She really wanted to wash her hair though so we did it for her! Washing hair here is a seriously intense, long process but we had so much fun + she really appreciated it. Also, it makes me cry that people can't go to the doctor here until they have gone to work for a few days to save up money. We hope she gets better soon! 

We've decided to do a whole yard FHE every Sunday night with a little group of members and nonmember friends that all live nearby. We started it this week + talked all about love. It was SO fun. 

All I have to say is that I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. They live the hardest lives ever + I want to take back all of the complaining + ungratefulness of my entire life. These people are incredible + have taught me so SO much. They are so willing to love + sacrifice + work for people they hardly know. 

I love the gospel + I know it's true. There's absolutely nothing else that makes sense. Have the best week <3

Lots of Love, 
Sister Allen




Comments