September 9, 2019
Hi!
Hi!
I'm just really confused how this year has gone by SO FAST?! I don't know how it's already September BUT I am trying so hard to make every single day count.
We had companion exchanges...over the computer because our sister training leaders are on another island. That was a really fun time spending the whole day talking over google hangouts! Missions are a time of serious growth + it's so cool getting to learn from other missionaries studies + experiences!
We had some really incredible lessons this week + others that kind of broke my heart a little. At the end of a lesson on the Restoration this week the sweet lady said, "I just need some time to think about all of this. I just don't know if I can believe it" which hurt A LOT. Then I realized that if that's the rejection I face on my mission I should feel pretty blessed. It just makes me so so sad when people don't accept this because it's the best thing in the world!!! I've realized how grateful I am to have grown up knowing about this gospel + having such amazing parents who have always showed me how much the gospel means to them.
One of the recent converts here LOVES to go to the gym so we decided to relate our lesson on enduring to the end to going to the gym. He speaks broken english + told us "I soon working on my six pack" + as I'm typing this I'm realizing that that's probably not funny at all to any of you, but in the moment it was hilarious. Just trust me.
We were invited to a little dinner party with our sweet old lady friend who we volunteer with at Salvation Army. She is the cutest + basically invites everyone she knows to an annual dinner party at her house. Most of the people there didn't speak english but Pauline has learned all of their languages to be able to communicate with them. There were people from Venezuela, Haiti, Cuba, and sooo many other places that all came together. I have learned so much from people here about LOVE! It doesn't matter where people come from, what they have been through, or what they believe because we are all children of God. God loves us unconditionally so we should love each other unconditionally.
I CAN'T TELL ALL OF YOU ENOUGH TIMES HOW TRUE THIS CHURCH IS. This world is becoming so confused, so violent, so full of doubt + darkness. There is so much love + light + hope found through Jesus Christ. Cling to what you know + never ever choose your doubts over your faith. It's become so obvious this week that we truly get out however much we put in in this gospel. There is more knowledge + more understanding as you continually put forth your faith + SEEK more. I read something on prayer this week that said "All of our thoughts, our words, and our actions are influenced by our prayers." Start with your prayers + show Heavenly Father how much you care.
Let me know if you needs some prayers! Love you all!
<3 Sister Allen
1. Benshika and Gabby came to church!!!
2. Our cutie STL's!
3. Teaching with Aramica
Comments
Post a Comment