HEART + MIND

September 16, 2019

My Loves! 

This week was a fun one! Our house water smells like it's coming from the septic! Our friend Orilius is on date for baptism! We're leaving for Jamaica on Thursday! Hahaha on a much for serious note I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. I apologize if any of you are getting annoyed with me saying that every single week, but if you've served a mission you understand. 

Orilius is a really incredible man from Haiti. We can't communicate with him other than through a translator but he is WAY COOL! He just loves God so so much + it has been so cool to watch the Holy Ghost work through him as we have taught him. He was very skeptical at the idea of being baptized because he's already been baptized in another church, BUT we explained it a few times + his heart was softened + he accepted November 8th for baptism! 

Gabby + Benshika are still doing incredible! We love them a whole lot + are feeling really blessed we are able to teach them. Benshika came to church yesterday again + says she just loves how different it is from other churches. It's because it's true! 

This week I've realized again how much I have to be grateful for. Most of the members in our branch + most of the friends we teach have hardly anything at all. They live in teeny tiny houses that you can hardly call houses. They barely have fans + it's SO HOT here. Sometimes they go days without food because they can't afford it. They have no running water + only sometimes have electricity when they can afford it. BUT they are so so HAPPY! This life is so much more than material things. These people are able to be happy with nothing because they have so much faith in God! The people who accept this gospel are usually the most humble because they have a different perspective than those with fancy homes, cars, jobs. They know that these worldly things are only temporary. The only thing that really matters are things of eternal value. Our relationship with God and Jesus Christ, our diligence + dedication to this gospel, + our testimonies are those ETERNAL things that we need to take the time to work on + appreciate. Don't let life get in the way of the things of eternal value. 

This morning I was studying on the Holy Ghost + I realized that the Holy Ghost is able to dwell in our heart AND in our mind. Satan can only work on one at a time, either our mind OR our heart. We need to get our knowledge, our testimonies from our mind to our heart because THEN it's much harder for Satan to get us to doubt, cause confusion, etc. In the scriptures we read of groups of people where Satan had no power over their hearts because they were so righteous! As we love and serve and pray and ponder with ALL our heart, Satan has nothing on us. The Spirit is so good! 

A few tid bits you probably don't care to know:
-We decided to name our car Devante. 
-We're going to Jamaica for Zone Conference on Thursday! I'm scared out of my mind because planes are scary, but also way excited because I haven't seen any other missionaries in the human flesh in like 6 months!
-Our sewer house water now smells like chlorine so we're getting places. 
-I've become an ant killing, cockroach killing, worm killing, lizard killing MANIAC. 
-Sister Lichtenberg burps like a man. 

Have the best week! Email me or send me a cutie note in the mail!! 

Lots of Love, 
Sister Allen <3

1. Fun in Salvation Army!
2. Turks has the PRETTIEST sunsets! 
3. Cutest little kiddos. 
4. I LOVE THIS ISLAND






Comments