May 13, 2019
HI FRIENDS + FAM!
JUSTIN IS GOING TO THE PHILIPPINES!!! He's speaking Tagalog! Ahh missions are the best!
Lu is getting baptized on Saturday!!! Lu is absolutely incredible. He used to be pretty distressed + struggling with a lot of things in his life. Now he is SO HAPPY!!! He comes to our lessons + he can't stop smiling! Words can't even express how much this gospel truly transforms people's lives! In one of our lessons this week he said "I do believe this is what God wants for me..I think I've been preparing myself for this." He loves the Book of Mormon and he always says that when he reads it he gets taken away + can't stop. The Book of Mormon is SO POWERFUL! The church is true + it really does make everything better.
This week we were in a little area of houses + we were trying to find one of our friends. The CUTEST little boy came up and held our hands + walked us around. He would point at houses for us to go knock on + then wait for us. Then he would point to another one + wait for us. He whispered his name to us but we couldn't understand him. Then we watched him stare at us as we drove away. Saddest thing I've ever witnessed. Honestly nothing makes me happier than little black children!
We met a friend who is also a chef (the best kind of friends to have haha). His name is Allen! We had a really awesome first lesson with him + then he gave us mangoes + a really delicious chicken, apple, raisin salad. We sincerely appreciate any food offering because Turks + Caicos costs SO. MUCH. MONEY.
I'm still adjusting to this new area, but one thing I've definitely learned is that ANYTHING is possible with God's help. Missionary work is hard. Really really hard. I couldn't do this on my own, but luckily I have a loving Heavenly Father who helps me along every step of the way! I've been reading a lot about grace. Grace is divine help or strength from Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ. Grace is often described as something that makes up the difference at the end of our lives after we've tried our best. BUT we need grace every single day of our lives. We truly can't do anything without Heavenly Father's help. He has provided us with everything we have. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I'm not in this alone! Jesus Christ has been through it all + is always there to perfectly comfort us. We are provided grace as long as we are humble + truly trying our best. There have been so many times on my mission where I look back + have realized how I received so much grace because there's no way I could've done it on my own.
Sorry this turned into the longest email EVER! Good for you if you made it this far. This church is true. I love you all! Have a great week :)
<3,
Sister Allen
Yay for finally being brave enough to upload pics!!!
1. SABINE'S BAPTISM
2. the cute boy who helped us find new friends!
3. p-days at the beach!
4. the most beautiful locks we've ever seen on our friend Booker
Comments
Post a Comment