GOD LOVE YOU PERFECTLY!

July 22, 2019


Hi my cutie friends + fam! 

We met the COOLEST filipinos this week + I almost burst into tears I was so happy!! Justin is leaving in a few weeks for the Philippines + I was a little sad this week thinking about how I won't see him for 3 years. I was talking to Heavenly Father about it + then later we were looking for a member + found an entire Filipino community. Heavenly Father truly hears + answers prayers. Tender mercies! We were talking with a man whose family is in the Philippines right now. He is here for work and he sends money home to his family. We found out his son was married in the temple in the Philippines! He told us all about how he remembers the missionaries coming over for family home evening + showed us tons of pictures of his cutie fam. It's so incredible who is placed in our pathway every day! We are so so excited to teach him!

Our translators were either asleep or sick most of the week so we used google translate as our 4th companion haha. We sat in front of the computer screen at church for an entire lesson this week because we had an appointment scheduled + had no one to help us communicate. It was pretty hilarious. We have no clue if he understood anything we said, but we surely tried. The language barrier is a STRUGGLE! 

Bleach has become my very favorite friend on my mission because I am a 2 yr old + spill EVERYTHING on me. We were at Fish Fry, which is a fun little touristy food truck place on the beach. We go every week to say hi to our friends and grab some dinner + this week the wind blew and spilled my sauce ALLLL down my white dress. We laughed pretty hard + I had to awkwardly wear my bag right in front of me to walk out + down the street. In the words of Sis Patterson, "If you aren't embarrassing yourself, you aren't a missionary."

Our cute friend Adline is getting baptized on Saturday! She is the cutest older lady EVER! She is so so excited + has come to church every week since her friend invited her. We managed to squeeze all the lessons in in about 4 weeks because she just wants to be baptized so badly! She's a cutie + we're hoping + praying her daughter will follow her footsteps + be baptized next! 

 I has this realization this week that God truly does hear + answer our prayers. We just have to be humble + LISTEN! I've been able to recognize so many little answers to prayer this week + even just little moments that prove God's love for me. I'm so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who knows us, hears us, + is always looking for ways to bless us! 

Love, 
Sister Allen <3 







Comments