June 11, 2019
My Cute Friends + Fam!
Time as a missionary is THE weirdest thing ever. This week felt forever long + also so short, but it was jam packed with tender mercies! I hit 8 months yesterday + it makes me sad thinking I only have 10 more devoted completely to the Lord, but I'm excited for all of the experiences to come!
Our branch here has about 150 members + only about 20 come each week so we have been working so hard trying to get our members back! We had two cute members we've never met before show up at church for the first time since we've been here! We were also able to meet with another member + happened to run into another one. God is so good. I think one of the biggest struggles of caribbean culture is that people are so laid back + don't understand the NEED for this gospel + especially for church. There's a church on every corner + it's so hard for people to recognize this one as something different than one of the hundreds of others on this island. BUT, this church is the ONLY completely true church. This is Jesus Christ's church with ALLLL the truth. It's been brought back to the Earth + we are so very blessed to have the knowledge of it. It's the true church + so it requires ACTION! S. Cutright + I have really been trying to be bold + express to everyone on this island that we aren't just like any other missionaries. We are missionaries for the only true church on the Earth today!!!! It's not easy to live the gospel, but it will bring you more happiness than anything this world has to offer. This gospel is EVERLASTING. It won't only bring you happiness in this life, but for eternity! That's something worth sharing with everyone.
One thing I absolutely LOVE about this island is that it's a huge mix of people from cultures all over the world. We've met Haitians, Dominicans, Filipinos, Americans, Asians, and sooo many others. Everyone is so friendly + just shares their culture with everyone else. There's always a really interesting story about how they got here. I've gained an even greater LOVE for all of God's children. It's so cool that we're all so unique + came from different places + have had such different experiences! There's always so much to learn from everyone!
We had 3 friends on date to be baptized + all of them are off date this week :( BUT we're trusting that God has a much greater plan for them + for us. We've been able to meet a lot of new friends this week! I know God truly is in the details of our lives. He knows His children perfectly.
I'm grateful for this gospel + each of you! Let me know if you need some extra prayers!!! <3
So Much Love,
Sister Allen
1. Soccer with our friends! I've never sweat so much in my life hahah. It's getting more + more hot + humid every day.
2. We had a tea party with tea (herbal, of course bc word of wisdom) + scones for the Queen's bday yesterday.
3. The reason I've gained about 20 pounds :))) Mami's rice is delicious but killing us slowly. This is a smaller portion.
Comments
Post a Comment