Easter!

April 23, 2019


My favorite people! 

Easter as a missionary was the best thing ever! We got to teach about Jesus Christ all day + really focus on the true meaning of it all! Sometimes we get so caught up with the easter bunny, candy, and cute new dresses that we forget what it's all about. Jesus Christ is Risen! Because of Him, we are able to have so much hope! We have greater purpose in life. I'm so grateful for Him + all that He has done for each of us. The Easter bunny did come to Sister Cutright + I though! We got cadbury eggs, reeses, laffy taffy's, + confetti eggs! Best. Easter. Ever.

Honestly I feel like I started a whole new mission here in Turks! It's VERY different from Jamaica, but the people are incredible still so I'm grateful for that! A lot of people speak Creole which makes it very interesting for us hahah. Our official mission language is English so we actually aren't allowed to teach in any other language. We bring members who translate for us when we can + other than that we just rely on the Spirit to at least testify of what we're saying is true! It's been interesting to say the least. Sometimes slightly frustrating..but we're working through it. I've learned so much this week. Probably the biggest thing is that I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN. Holy cow I am absolutely nothing without God. People in the Caribbean seriously understand that + I'm so thankful for how much they have taught me. Humility really is the way to go. I'm still working on that one hahah but I really do owe everything to God. 

We are teaching the cutest 11 year old girl who read the ENTIRE children's Book of Mormon in 2 DAYS! Her name is Farrar (pronounced Farra...haitains like to add lots of silent letters for some reason??). She is so incredible! 

Sabine is another cute lady we're teaching + she is getting baptized on Saturday! She has some health problems that we're working through, but she really wants to be baptized. We're so excited for her!

Life is not as breezy as you would would think here in the Caribbean, but I LOVE EVERY SECOND! And it always helps to have pretty views while working hard. The people here make every day worth it. This gospel is such a blessing + truly the ONLY way to be completely happy. Trust me. I see people's lives change because of it every day.  

Lots of Love, 
Sister Allen 

1. our goodies from the Easter bunny ;) 
2. spoiled on my bday...I'm officially on old lady! 
3. Easter!




Comments