DRINK YOUR WATER

February 10, 2020

Hello!
This week I was thinking + studying a lot on sacrifice. This life is really all about showing our Heavenly Father that we will choose to sacrifice the temporal things for those things of more eternal value. Our Father in Heaven showed us the ultimate example of sacrifice by sacrificing His only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. We are often required to sacrifice in this life. Whether it's a job so that you can make it to church every Sunday, money to help others, etc. These jamaicans have taught me a lot about sacrifice. There's a family from Negril that is literally INCREDIBLE! I think of them every time I think about sacrifice. The dad took a leap of faith, quit his job + figured out a way to start his own company just so that he could make it to church each week. They saved the little money they were earning so that they could travel to Panama this year + be sealed in the temple as a family. What more can you do to show your Father in Heaven you LOVE Him + will sacrifice anything for this gospel? 

I got SUPER dehydrated on Thursday night. My whole body started shaking, I lost all my color, + felt like my whole body was failing me hahah. It was scary. I was able to receive a priesthood blessing + immediately after I felt so much better. I'm so grateful for the power of God here on Earth + that it can be used anywhere in the world. It's here to bless us! Let's just say I've been drinking about 12 bottles of water + gatorade a day to rehydrate :))  

We met the most incredible 17 year old girl who is super excited to learn more about this gospel! Her + her mom are the sweetest people EVER! We're so excited to teach them + see their lives change through this gospel. I LOVE being a missionary + I'm enjoying every single moment of these last few months. THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. It literally changes lives. 

Please let me know if I can pray for you or if you need anything! 

Big Up, 
Sister Allen <3

-Dolphin Cove last Monday with our friend, Akeem! He took some cool pics! 




more pics






Comments