CATCH US ON MELLOFM

December 16, 2019


HEY EVERYONE!!! 

This week was SO GOOD! We took 3 days out of proselyting time to get together as an entire mission, which never happens. We had a mission conf, a sisters conf, and then a Christmas Celebration. There were lots of laughs + hugs + it was a really fun time. 

ALSO, we got transfer calls + I found out I am staying in Ochi with my new comp Sister Horton!! She's from Florida + has been out for 7 months. I LOVE her already + I'm so excited to get to be her companion!! I'm not really sure how I'm going to get all over the island without Sister Farr, BUT we'll figure it out:))  

We are basically superstars in Portmore, Jamaica now. There was a concert going on right across the street from the chapel after Sisters Conference so we walked over to go contacting. We REALLY wanted to get on the stage so we walked over to where all the artists were waiting backstage. They welcomed us back stage, offered us some water or juice, + THEN told us we could get on stage to perform. Everyone loves missionaries here! Hahaha we ran onto the stage yelling "WAAGWAN PORTMORE!", announced the special sacrament meeting on December 22 + then sang Joy to the World in front of probably about 150 people. IT WAS AWESOME! I'm not really sure who I am anymore. My mission has brought me out of my comfort zone in MANY ways haha. Check out melloFM!!! I love this country so much. 

I was reading the General Conference talk, Consistent + Resilient Trust, + that talk is life changing. I LOVE the part that's talking about the Brother of Jared. He built barges + prepared everything possible for their long journey ahead. Then in Ether it says, they "got aboard of their...barges, + set forth into the sea, commending themselves unto the Lord their God." I love the word commending. They just COMPLETELY trusted in the Lord. They put aside any doubts or fears + trusted instead. Often my fears + doubts take over + it becomes really hard to just trust in the Lord, but I truly know that as we trust in the Lord He makes everything better. He knows what's best for us. 

I'm jamming out to JB Christmas music in the internet cafe right now. Little tender mercies hahah. 

Merry Christmas ya cuties! Don't forget our Savior, Jesus Christ this Christmas season. Light the World one person at a time!! This world needs more of our Savior + every little kind act you do makes a difference. 

LOVE YOU ALL <3
Sister Allen

Cutie Sis Farr 
Our district + our rapper shirts. 
Mission life...always transferring a thousand and one mattresses. 







Comments