August 26, 2019
Hi Friends and Fam!
Hi Friends and Fam!
We got a visit from President and Sister Parker here in Provo this week! It was so good to see them again!! They came to change the Branch Presidency here + we are very excited for all the changes that happened! Things are looking good here in Turks! I love this branch with my whole heart!!! <3
This week we went to go teach a new friend + we sat on the stairs in the middle of the yard + sooo many people just kept gathering around and joining. It was the best thing EVER! By the end there were like 10 guys + a bunch of children reading the Book of Mormon with us! Things like that just make my heart so so happy! They all spoke creole so thank goodness for our girl, Aramica (our translator).
We're teaching this sweet lady named Anita + she is INCREDIBLE! She's genuinely seeking truth + is so willing to do what it takes to find it. Those are the best kind of people! She came to church last week + we had a really incredible lesson with her on Saturday. Sometimes there are lessons where the Spirit is so strong you can just tangibly FEEL it + that was one of those lessons. She's praying about being baptized + we are so so excited for her!
Vilus! We are teaching a man named Vilus who absolutely LOVES to learn. We drew the Plan of Salvation out + explained it to him + he loved it. He's been reading all the chapters we give him in the Book of Mormon and comes back with questions every single time. There are so many incredible people here + I'm just so grateful I get the chance to meet them all!!
There has been a lot on my mind the past week with things happening at home + everything going on here. I can't even begin to tell you how ESSENTIAL this gospel is! Life is way too hard without our Heavenly Father + Jesus Christ by your side through it all. We owe them everything. I was reading in Alma 36 this week + I LOVE Alma's conversion. He went about doing terrible things, going against the church, and was absolutely miserable. A thought came to him (obviously from the Spirit) of the teachings of his father about Jesus Christ. As soon as he cried out, he could remember his pains and afflictions no more. In verse 20 he says, "And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!" Jesus Christ brings joy + light to our lives! There's no trial in this life that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can't help with. We can overcome weaknesses. We can be forgiven of our sins. We can feel comfort +peace. We can find hope + happiness. All because of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm forever grateful for Him!
Lots of Love,
Sister Allen
Comments
Post a Comment