April 29, 2019
Hi!
This week was actually a blur haha funny how that happens! SABINE WAS BAPTIZED!!!! She has quite a few health problems, one of them is a giant open wound on her leg. We were able to try our best to cover it from getting wet, but it still ended up getting wet. She has so much faith though + she wasn't in pain at all! Truly a miracle.
Sister Cutright + I are going on a strict diet of only salads because earlier this week we found ourselves at the beach eating pie crust with chocolate pudding + whipped cream for lunch hahaha. We had salad with it so that's got to count for something right? Missions do crazy things to you.
Teaching people who only speak Creole is a CHALLENGE, but I truly do know that the Spirit is able to testify of what we're saying even if we're all a little confused with what's going on. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true no matter where you are in the world and what language you speak. It is the ONLY way to true + lasting happiness.
Quote of the week from our hilarious friend...
*gives Serge the reading assignment of 2 Nephi 32* "uhhh what is this in english?" hahaha
Short + sweet email this week, but just know that I love this gospel! As hard + exhausting as it is being a missionary, it's worth every second. Inviting others to come unto Christ is uncomfortable, tiring, + sometimes frustrating. I wouldn't be here unless I knew it was true + I do know! This church has the FULLNESS of truth. It's Christ's church + I am so grateful for it!
Love,
Sister Allen <3
Sorry no pics because S. Cutright's were erased last week + I don't trust these computers hahaha.
Comments
Post a Comment