ADILINE WAS BAPTIZED :))

July 29, 2019


Hi!

ADLINE WAS BAPTIZED! This week was wild + sometimes Sis Cutright and I have to juggle every calling in this branch, but everything turned out great in the end! Adline ended up being baptized on Friday + it was the happiest thing ever! When she passed her interview over the phone she hung up + started screaming + dancing, so we started screaming + dancing with her + I think that just shows how much she really loves God! She was so so excited to devote the rest of her life to Him. 

Right after Adline's baptism we rushed over to the other side of the island for a branch beach activity. We had food, games, and fishing + it was SO FUN! People came that haven't been to church in sooo long. We've seen so many little miracles lately + I just feel so blessed! This branch truly has my heart + seeing people come back to the gospel is so happy! 

Sometimes we get a glimpse of tourist life living on this extremely touristy island. On Monday our friend who is the manager of a cutie resort let us come relax in his beach chairs while servers brought us never-ending smoothies and food. What made it even better was that is was all for free! Also, Sis Cutright's friend from high school showed up at church + invited us to their fancy villa. We got to go eat tons of italian food + enjoy their beautiful ocean views for our dinner break + it was the best! It's so fun seeing cute families because we never ever get to see families like that here. I've come to realize that family is far beyond just blood. We are ALL part of God's family + everyone is looking for belonging and identity. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is so good because it's set up perfectly with a branch/ward family everywhere you go in the world.  PEOPLE ARE SO GOOD TO US! 

I've realized this week that I need to pray more specifically in order to be able to recognize God's answers to prayers. On Saturday Sister Cutright + I prayed that we would just find one person who was ready for the gospel. Saturday's are always hard here because everyone is either way too busy or just not in the mood to talk to us. A lot of our appointments had fallen through + we went to one side of our island to do some finding. We were driving around + both of us just weren't feeling it so I drove to the next street + parked the car. There was a really cute lady with a little daughter that was playing outside of their apartment + we went to talk to her. After talking with her we found out that her + her husband just left their church because they didn't feel right about it + now they are looking for a church! She was so so sweet + said she would love to have us come back and talk more! God truly does answer EVERY sincere prayer!! 

I'm so grateful for all of you! Let God into every part of your life because He loves you so much! 

Much Love, 
Sister Allen <3

1. If you didn't already know I am OBSESSED with black babies 
2. Adline! I swear she was actually so happy to be baptized! Haitains never smile.
3. Branch Activity with cutie Angel! 





1. Rainbow!
2. The Halliday's at their villa 
3. Pretty Provo






Comments