6 Months?!

April 8, 2019


Hi Friends + Fam! 

I hit my 6 month mark on Wednesday...WHAT THE HECK! I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing most the time hahah but being a missionary is the best. Someone told me I sounded Jamaican this week + that was probably the best compliment I've ever received. I guess I really have been here for a while. 

Missionary work is hard + rewarding + fun + hard + exciting + hard. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but some days are a rollercoaster of emotions. Yasheica told us she doesn't know when or if she wants to be baptized anymore + that absolutely broke my heart. I was SO excited for her. Something in General Conference really stuck out to me though. Elder Uchtdorf said something along the lines of "Trust the Lord to work His miracles. It's not your job to convert people." As soon as he said that I thought of Yasheica. It's not my job to convert her. This is the Lord's work + He does it according to His timing. I'm so grateful I just get to be part a little portion of this work. 

GENERAL CONFERENCE aka Christmas for missionaries! If you didn't hear all of the talks, go listen!  One of my favorite talks was from Elder Renlund. He talked about heavenly blessings in relation to a match + wood pile. He said we must act in faith before we receive the blessings. Our small acts of faith can lead to huge results, just like the tiny match can cause a huge fire. It's so amazing what our tiny decisions + actions can lead to. THE CHURCH IS SO TRUE!

 I also really loved the focus on the Savior in a ton of the talks. Jesus Christ's Atonement reaches EVERY single person. No one is too far gone from Him. All it takes is turning to Him, He's always reaching out. If you feel lonely, discouraged, frustrated, upset, TURN TO HIM. Jesus Christ descended below all of those awful feelings so we could have someone to help us through them. You don't have to suffer on your own. I know He's there. He loves each of us. I am beyond grateful for the sacrifice He made so we never have to feel alone. 

lots + lots of love, 
sister allen :)

1. the coolest graffiti ever 
2. inga and roxanna came to general conference!
3. pretty jamaica 





Comments