ACKEE & SALTFISH

Wagwhan Fam + Friends!

WE HAD OUR FIRST INVESTIGATOR AT CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! After 10 weeks of trying + trying to get people to come. It was a happy day for sure. It was one of my very favorite sacrament meetings since I've been here. We had some less-actives come too! The meeting was so incredibly spiritual. It started pouring so we were all huddled under our little white tent + we sang hymns until the rain stopped. holy cow I never want to leave this little unit. The Spirit was so strong + I just couldn't help but feel SO grateful to be here in Negril with all of these amazing people.

A few wild things that happened this week...
-I tried ackee + saltfish! It's Jamaica's fav + it was actually pretty yummy. 
-Maxine is on date for baptism!!! We adore her + her 2 yr old grandson.
-The Elders convinced us to put lizards on our ears? We're very easily entertained as missionaries. 
SISTERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE OUTSIDE PAST 6. only for unit activities! but this means we get to go to FHE now!!!! 
-It POURED on saturday + our cute little kid friends were running around in the streets in the rain so Sister Mitton + I joined them. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. 

Some days I'm shown all of my inadequacies very clearly + other days Heavenly Father shows me what I'm capable of. This week I've really come to know that I absolutely can't do this alone. It's the Lord's work + it must be done in HIS way. Since it is His work, He is ALWAYS there to help + lift + direct. I am so blessed that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to help Him out in this work of gathering His children. I have really seen the Spirit work through me as I let it. Heavenly Father + Jesus Christ are ALWAYS ALWAYS there for us, we just have to let them in. 

bless up my friends, 
sista allen <3

1. cutie sister arthur's 
2. the cute lady we're teaching, maxine + rinaldo!
3. my babies in the rain 
4. lizard earrings? idk what a mission is doing to me 





1. Ginger Beer - still not sure if I'm a fan 
2. Beautiful Green Island! 
3. Jamaican apple
4. First selfie of the new year! sweatiest selfie EVER 






Comments