THE Book of Mormon CHANGES LIVES!

Hi friends + fam!!! 

I finished the Book of Mormon this week + holy cow. Every time I read it I learn so much more! Sister Mitton + I were talking about how POWERFUL that book really is. Sometimes we go into lessons or start talking to people + they're pretty rude or just don't want anything to do with us. BUT after we start reading the Book of Mormon with them, their whole attitude changes. They are much more pleasant to be around + their hearts are softened to our message. The Book of Mormon carries a special power with it unlike any other book. If you don't believe me, read it. If you do believe me, share it with a friend. I love witnessing this amazing change in people first hand EVERY DAY. 

I've decided that trying to understand Patwa is like a giant game of Mad Gab. But as soon as you miss a few words, the game is over. I thought I was pretty good at that game, but turns out, I'm the worst. Hahah I'm still struggling hardcore with understanding it, but hopefully someday it'll come. I love these Jamaicans + their crazy language. 

A few tender mercies this week:
-talking to the fam on Christmas!!! Best Christmas present EVER
-yummiest Christmas dinner with our new friends Sister Beck + Sister Wilson 
-The Elders in our District brought us ice cream 
-found 2 less-actives with no addresses or phone numbers (truly a miracle)
-There's this super sweet man that we met a few weeks ago + his wife does NOT like us at all, but he loves us + is sooo nice. He says we have a special Spirit about us + wants to learn more about our church, but his wife won't let him. We were driving past his house this week + saw him. He said "I was waiting out here to see if you sisters would stop by since it's my day off." He asked for a new Book of Mormon since his wife threw away his other one. We're praying that his wife's heart will soften. 

lots of love, 
sister allen :)

PICTURES...
1. BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT
2. Christmas selfie
3. family pic <3





Comments