JUST DO IT!

February 11, 2019

Hello cute friends + fam!

We started this week off by staying in a hotel in Montego Bay lol sometimes I feel like I am on a vacation here in Jamaica. We had comp study staring at the ocean at sunset + reading Alma 26. Best comp study EVER! One of my new fav scriptures is Alma 26:11-12. Ammon is so cool! I have been struggling a little this week with feelings of inadequacy + not feeling like I know the scriptures as well as I want to know them. BUT I love this scripture. The Lord is able to make us into something incredible if we just humble ourselves + turn our will over to Him. 

Sister Mitton + I have been assigned to do a 20 min portion in zone conference tomorrow....literally my biggest fear BUT BRING IT ON. My motto for the transfer so far has been "Just do it." If there's something that scares me I tell myself to "just do it" + it has led to a ton of embarrassment but so much growth! 

After 9 people told us they were coming to church guess how many actually came, NONE. Jamaicans love to say yes to things + not follow through with them. It's frustrating, but I'm learning to be bold + to stay positive anyway. I just love these people so much + want them to experience the happiness that the gospel brings! We have seen a lot of progression in people's faith these past few weeks though. There are quite a few less-active members who are coming closer and closer to coming back to church. YAY! 

Dextra got her mission call + she's going to New Jersey! We're so excited for her!!!! 

Something fun for you all to do this week! Compare who you want to become with your patriarchal blessing (who Heavenly Father wants you to become). Our zone leaders had us do that this week + it was so cool! Heavenly Father has such incredible things for us in store. We just have to recognize that potential + work to accomplish it. 

Serving the Lord 24/7 is my favorite thing ever. I'm learning + growing so much every week. I love this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father + my Savior. Have an awesome week! Tell me about your cute lives! 

Xoxo, 
Sister Allen 


1. the view from the pier of our hotel
2. boo boo from trying to be obedient lol
3. sis. patterson!
4. the clearest water





1. Dextra! New Jersey here she comes! 
2. weekly planning by the beach 
3. our hotel in mobay 








Comments