February 5, 2019
Hi friends + fam!
Hi friends + fam!
This week was FULL of miracles. So sorry I say this every week but I LOVE JAMAICA! We met the sweetest couple from Canada this week. They're members + were just vacationing in Jamaica + spotted us in our apartment parking lot. They took us + the Elders to dinner!!! That never happens here so we were all very excited. They told us their life stories + they're so incredible! They come to Jamaica all the time + give money + supplies to the kids. They help people get businesses started so that they can support themselves. They're just incredibly generous. They actually ended up taking us out to eat twice. They took us to a restaurant that the guy who was on the jamaican bobsled team owns! The original bobsled that they used is just chilling in the front of the restaurant. HOW COOL IS THAT?!
We were able to take two members out teaching this week! I'm telling you miracles happen when members come out teaching. We took our sweet friend Dextra, who's waiting for her mission call (YAY) + the coolest less-active lady! Member missionary work is AMAZING.
Sister Mitton + I found the sweetest lady in the grocery store below our apartment. She actually came up to us + asked who we were. She was so interested in learning more about God so now we're teaching her! That's another thing I love about Jamaica, EVERYONE wants to learn more about God + Jesus Christ, or at least talk about them. They are such a God loving people!
Church was SO good yesterday. Every fourth Sunday we go to Savanna-La-Mar for church. I'm so amazed at the strength + love of the members here. In America it can be so easy to get casual or relaxed about the gospel + just sit back and let other people do things. In Jamaica, it's so essential that everyone is helping out, giving talks, teaching, ministering because there are so few members. EVERYONE is needed in this gospel. Turn outside yourself + look for those who need YOU.
Lots of Love,
Sister Allen <3
-THE BOBSLED
-weekly planning on the beach
-Elaine + Dave
-teaching with Dextra!
Comments
Post a Comment