HI!
I don't have long to email today BUT this week was awesome. We had trade-offs, which is where we switch companions for 24 hours. I was with Sister Patterson in Negril + HOLY COW I LEARNED SO MUCH. She's been out for 16 months so she gave me the best mission advice. The best piece of advice was "If you aren't embarrassing yourself, you aren't a missionary." Truest thing I've ever heard. A couple hours after she told me that we were trying to run home because we were trying to get home on time + I fell and scraped my arm. It was more embarrassing than painful hahah. Missions are all about getting outside your comfort zone + embarrassing yourself, BUT I'm learning that it's okay to do things that scare me because it helps me grow so much!
A quick run down of the week...
-Dextra fire danced for our FHE on monday. Such a talented girl.
-our BFF Joy who we are teaching, gave us free keychains
-had an awesome trade off with Sister Patterson
-Sister Mitton + I were walking around trying to find people + came across this lady who does a daycare in her house. There were about 20 little black children + we got to sing popcorn popping for them. CUTEST. THING. EVER. I love black babies.
-almost all of our appointments fell through + we were really sad, BUT there's always next week
Since being in Jamaica, I've learned that you have to choose to be happy every single day, despite anything that's going on around you. You can't control what's going on around you, but you can control how you respond to it.
I love my Savior. Words can't really express to you how much I have learned to love Him since I've been out on my mission. I'm so grateful for Him. I love being a missionary!
likkle more,
Sister Allen :)
Comments
Post a Comment