2019?!

Hi! <3

My 2019 started off with a bang. I went deaf in my right ear for 4 days hahaha. Turns out ears make more wax in hot + humid weather + q-tips aren't good for you. Sorry if that's TMI, but a quick 3 hour trip to the doctor's + I can hear again! yay! I also realized that if I ever get sick while I'm here in Jamaica I'm just going to have to call President Parker + tell him to send me straight home. I'm feeling extra grateful for my hearing + for american health care. 

We changed locations for sacrament meeting! Now we meet at Sister White's house right across from the beach. It's a much more central location + we're praying more people will be able to come to church because of that. This week we had a less-active + a lady the Elders are teaching come to church so that was really exciting!!!! It's SO HARD to get people to follow through with things here, but I know our hard work will pay off eventually. I see so many miracles here every. single. day. I'm continually AMAZED at how strong these members are here. They are very few in number, but they are working hard to grow the unit + bring others to Christ. Their testimonies are truly incredible + have strengthened mine so much. 

This week we got two referrals. One is SUPER interested. She has two sweet little girls + is just the sweetest lady. The other guy asked for a Book of Mormon online + we were able to drive like 30 mins away to give it to him. He climbed his realllyyyy tall apple tree + gave us some Jamaican apples. They were delicious. 

The people in Negril are SO KIND + so prepared to hear the gospel. I love watching people's hearts soften as they learn more about this incredible message. I know it's true. I know Heavenly Father loves every single one of His children + wants what's best for each one of us! Have the best week! 

Big up, 
Sister Allen :) 


Address:
Sister Lauren Allen 
Corporation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 
4 Garelli Ave 
Kingston 10, Jamaica 



1. Sister Mitton trying out some nurse-recommended home remedies on my ear.
2. SISTER WHITE. Such a cute, sweet lady!
3. Rasta Issha - she's making us cute knitted scripture cases






Comments