YEAH MON

Wagwhan friends!

This week was a WILD one. We drove all over the island for our special mission conference. It was so fun getting to see almost all of Jamaica! I've seen 12 of the 14 parishes (they're like states, but Jamaican states) and I've only been here for a month! This island never ceases to amaze and entertain me. There are chickens, goats, and mean dogs roaming the streets everywhere. They crack me up. We're always getting proposed to in all sorts of creative ways. Mission conference was so good! The main messages were that we need to hasten the work faster and the importance of really knowing the Book of Mormon. In order to get others to know Christ, we have to know Christ. The Book of Mormon along with the Bible contain the fulness of the gospel. Out of all the things Christ could've said when he was on the Earth, He chose to quote scripture. That shows how important they are! I had a super fun trade off with Sister Jacobs in Ocho Rios. She has traveled the world and we decided we're going to travel the world together after our missions. She's so awesome. I'm pretty positive we are going to be friends forever. We visited a member in Ochi who was about to get her records removed from the church, but the missionaries came to meet with her and she started coming back to church. She's now super active and one of the most loving people I've ever met. She fed us and we talked with her for a while. The church is true! In our Sacrament meeting yesterday Brother McKnight said, "Once you're apart of this church, it's never not apart of you." No matter how far gone you think someone is, they can ALWAYS come back. That's what the Atonement is all about. No one is too far gone that the Atonement won't work for them. I am so grateful for that! We got to watch the Christmas Devotional last night and we felt like rebels being out at 8pm (we have to be in by 6 because night life in Jamaica is terrifying). It was sooo amazing! My favorite quote from it was, "If you ever think you're too small to make a difference, then you've never spent the night with a mosquito." That really hit home hahah. The mosquito count is over 40 just on my legs, but it's all good. But really, no one is too insignificant to make a difference. I've noticed that especially in Jamaica in our little church unit of hardly any members. Whether you're in a ward with 200 members or a unit of 20, YOU MATTER. Trust me, they need you. There is something in you that this world needs. Someone that only you and your personality can touch. Jamaica continues to amaze me. I love it more and more every single day. Don't forget to serve and love others during this Christmas season and always! 
lots of love, Sister Allen 




Comments