Merry Christmas!!!
This week has been super eventful + amazing. We had our Christmas celebration with the entire mission. I think President was saying that this is the first time ever that the whole mission has been together. It's super rare because we're scattered all over this island and in Turks + Caicos, Bahamas, and Cayman. It was SO fun getting to meet so many missionaries! There are 97 missionaries in this mission and only 24 sisters I believe. The missionaries here are so much fun! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CUTE VIDEOS!!!! We got to watch a super long slideshow of everyone's parents and friends saying merry christmas or singing christmas songs + it was the best thing ever! It made me so happy seeing all of your cute faces! The Christmas celebration consisted of games, tons of musical numbers, so much yummy food, + a white elephant exchange. It was such a good day!
Christmas in Jamaica is very unique, but I love it. I realized I've always thought of Christmas as seeing Christmas lights, trees, and presents. Being in Jamaica has made me realize that it's so much for than that. Jamaicans are too poor to afford lights, trees, and presents but they are so good at being Christlike. They are loving, non-judgemental, + so accepting. I love being a missionary at Christmas time. It's helped me really recognize the true meaning!
We went to the soup kitchen again on Friday + met the most incredible people! There are people that come from all over the world to volunteer at this soup kitchen to help those who can't afford food. We were able to talk with people from Canada and all over the U.S. We even met the lady who started Pie Pizzeria in Utah! Holy cow she's incredible. She started that business + then moved to Jamaica. Now she volunteers + donates all her money to help others. HOW SWEET IS SHE?! Words can't even express how amazing the people are here.
I'm so grateful for my Savior this Christmas season. I love being a missionary. It's the most rewarding thing EVER. Merry Christmas!
xoxo,
Sista Allen
Comments
Post a Comment