CHICKEN FOOT

Hi Friends and Fam! 

This week has been full of mean drunk people, but also SO many miracles! We were told some really mean things by some really nasty men this week. Drugs and alcohol are the actual worst. BUT we found two amazing less-active members who are so interested in coming back! Sister Mitton and I love to ask less-actives about their conversion stories + help them remember what it felt like when they were in this amazing church! I LOVE seeing them light up as they talk about the missionaries finding them + helping turn their lives around. They almost always remember the missionaries names who were part of their conversion. I just wish I could call those missionaries who helped convert so many of these amazing people + let them know how awesome they are. 

We volunteered at the soup kitchen on Thursday + it was the COOLEST experience. We've decided to make it a weekly thing. It was so cute how grateful these little children were for a bowl of soup. Also, they offered some of the soup to us after we helped out + the soup was chicken foot soup. I ate FOOT. Well really I only ate a toe because Elder Sims tried it for the first time too + almost threw up the foot. I decided to stick with just a toe. I knew feet could never taste good. I'm not sure why Jamaicans think that every part of every animal is edible. That's for sure not the case. 

A few things I've noticed in my first 6 weeks as a missionary in Jamaica...-pretty sure boneless meat doesn't exist here-jamaican men just REALLY want a white girl to marry. I can't even count how many times Sister Mitton + I have been proposed to.-they have the WORST spelling/grammar. I can tell I'm already losing my ability to speak coherently + my spelling is struggling too. -jamaicans are the most friendly, caring, helpful people you'll ever find. ONE LOVE is not just a saying here, they mean it. 

Basically all the missionaries spoke in church yesterday + one quote that I loved was, "Jesus Christ had time to die for you, do you have time for Him?" What can you do to show Him how grateful you are for all that He has done for you? 

Love you all! 
big up, sista allen <3

the soup kitchen! our new district + sister mcknight.

not really sure why children here like to put the stickers on their heads but I think it's the cutest thing EVER.

spent our pday last week at our new fav place PATSY'S. ice cream + a beach view. can't get any better than that. 





Comments