A SCRIPTURE A DAY CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE

Hi friends! 

I really can't believe it's Monday again already! These weeks are flying by. I've been a missionary for 3 months today!!! YIKES. I found out my release date is April 30th, 2020, but let's just forget about that + never speak of it again, okay?:) I'm staying in Jamaica forever. 

Sister Mitton and I drove, yet again, to Kingston to pick up our new car. We love driving through Jamaica, but we hate not being able to see the people we're teaching. The whole mission got new cars and they are FANCY. 2019 fancy. Not sure why they trust 18, 19, 20 year olds with new cars on Jamaican roads BUT the Lord is blessing Jamaica. I'm grateful for that. 

I've been a missionary for 3 MONTHS today + I still have THE HARDEST time understanding jamaican patwa. Usually when people see that we're white they switch from patwa to jamaican english (also not english), but some people only speak patwa. I'm definitely understanding more + more though! Sometimes I just have to look over at Sister Mitton + she takes over because I am so lost haha. We met the most darling little boy named Rinaldo the other day. He lives with his grandma + he speaks straight patwa. It's the funniest thing EVER. He's like 4 + sounds like a little gangster hahah. 

We were finally able to meet with this cute lady that the Elders before us used to teach. Her name is Renee + she is so GOLDEN. She is the sweetest girl with the strongest testimony of the Book of Mormon. She grew up in a really rough situation + has been through so many tough things. She's only 21. She said that every time she meets with missionaries she feels so good! She said she feels like God is sitting between her and the missionaries. That was pretty powerful. She is beyond prepared for this gospel! Renee used to get in arguments with her family a ton + since reading the Book of Mormon she has been able to control her temper. She is so so sweet + bore the most powerful testimony yesterday on the peace + happiness that the Book of Mormon brings. We send her a scripture every day because she's crazy busy so it reminds her to read. She said "A scripture a day can change your life." THAT'S SO TRUE! I love that lady. 

Don't forget about CHRIST this Christmas season. Make Him the center of everything you do. I was reading Numbers 21 the other day. Christ was raised on the cross, just as the serpent was. All we have to do is look to Him and live. THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. 

love you all, 
sister allen :)


1. went to the beach last pday with the elders so they could take pics for us hahaha 
2. the cutest little boy CJ 
3. just casual jamaican tings. smoking weed in the back of a moving truck. 




Comments