Hi!
Today is my p-day this week because we drove for 6 hours yesterday for a special mission conference. The Area Seventy, Elder Gavarett and his wife are speaking to us tomorrow. Apparently there's a big mission announcement that has to do with the Book of Mormon so we are all STOKED to hear about it. We're staying in Portmore with cute Sister Cutright and Mlangeni. Sister Cutright is from Utah and Sister Mlangeni is from South Africa. They are the coolest. A few cool things that happened this week....We have some awesome people we've been teaching that are so so soooo prepared for baptism. This work is truly all in the Lord's timing. We went to visit this lady that the Elder's had been teaching before we got to Negril and she told us she wanted to be baptized by the end of the year so she could start the new year fresh. She is incredible! She basically just bore testimony to us the entire lesson and she's so prepared! She wants to make a better life for her children (which are the CUTEST children on the face of the Earth). She told us that she had told the Elders that she needed another sister or something to teach her because she can relate better. Then she went on to tell us that we were an answer to her prayers. We are the first sisters in Negril and get to teach her the rest of the lessons. Sister Mitton and I teared up a little. We were both trying to really figure out our reason for being here in Negril and that answered all our prayers. WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR HER. Side note: Her kids and the neighbor kids run up to Sister Mitton and I as soon as they see our truck. It melts my heart a little. They're precious. Holidays don't really exist on mission, but Sister Mitton and I made little hand turkeys and got creative with sticky notes to write a few things we're thankful for. We celebrated Thanksgiving my getting cook shop for lunch. We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Elders and a cute member made us some really delicious fish. I wasn't a big seafood fan before, but I'm learning to love it here. Everyone here is SO KIND. We met a man this week who took us to his house and gave us so many oranges, guavas, and limes off of his trees. I may have eaten a worm because there was definitely something moving in my guava BUT I haven't gotten sick yet so we'll hope for the best. The fruit and fruit juice here is to die for. We did a super cool finding activity with a Book of Mormon stand. We gave away free water for 2 mins of people's time. I made a sign that said "Quench your thirst with the living water." It was Sister Mitton's idea. SO DANG CUTE. It turned out to be super productive! We were able to talk to over 200 people and we found a lot of people interested in learning more about Jesus Christ. Something I have learned throughout the past 6 weeks is that we are capable of so much more than we think we are. I have been doing so many things that are SO out of my comfort zone, but we have to move out of our comfort zone in order to progress. Don't doubt what you're capable of with the Lord's help. But I have also been reading a lot about not looking beyond the mark. The gospel is so so simple! Over and over in the scriptures it says that the Lord speaks in plainness. We don't need to complicate things or think about things too much. Focus on doing those small and simple things because they add up to something HUGE. Sorry for my novel every week. There are just so many good things happening here in Jamaica! I love this gospel and my Savior. Sometimes I just can't even believe I'm actually in JAMAICA. I'm so blessed.
Xoxo, Sister Allen :)
Today is my p-day this week because we drove for 6 hours yesterday for a special mission conference. The Area Seventy, Elder Gavarett and his wife are speaking to us tomorrow. Apparently there's a big mission announcement that has to do with the Book of Mormon so we are all STOKED to hear about it. We're staying in Portmore with cute Sister Cutright and Mlangeni. Sister Cutright is from Utah and Sister Mlangeni is from South Africa. They are the coolest. A few cool things that happened this week....We have some awesome people we've been teaching that are so so soooo prepared for baptism. This work is truly all in the Lord's timing. We went to visit this lady that the Elder's had been teaching before we got to Negril and she told us she wanted to be baptized by the end of the year so she could start the new year fresh. She is incredible! She basically just bore testimony to us the entire lesson and she's so prepared! She wants to make a better life for her children (which are the CUTEST children on the face of the Earth). She told us that she had told the Elders that she needed another sister or something to teach her because she can relate better. Then she went on to tell us that we were an answer to her prayers. We are the first sisters in Negril and get to teach her the rest of the lessons. Sister Mitton and I teared up a little. We were both trying to really figure out our reason for being here in Negril and that answered all our prayers. WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR HER. Side note: Her kids and the neighbor kids run up to Sister Mitton and I as soon as they see our truck. It melts my heart a little. They're precious. Holidays don't really exist on mission, but Sister Mitton and I made little hand turkeys and got creative with sticky notes to write a few things we're thankful for. We celebrated Thanksgiving my getting cook shop for lunch. We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Elders and a cute member made us some really delicious fish. I wasn't a big seafood fan before, but I'm learning to love it here. Everyone here is SO KIND. We met a man this week who took us to his house and gave us so many oranges, guavas, and limes off of his trees. I may have eaten a worm because there was definitely something moving in my guava BUT I haven't gotten sick yet so we'll hope for the best. The fruit and fruit juice here is to die for. We did a super cool finding activity with a Book of Mormon stand. We gave away free water for 2 mins of people's time. I made a sign that said "Quench your thirst with the living water." It was Sister Mitton's idea. SO DANG CUTE. It turned out to be super productive! We were able to talk to over 200 people and we found a lot of people interested in learning more about Jesus Christ. Something I have learned throughout the past 6 weeks is that we are capable of so much more than we think we are. I have been doing so many things that are SO out of my comfort zone, but we have to move out of our comfort zone in order to progress. Don't doubt what you're capable of with the Lord's help. But I have also been reading a lot about not looking beyond the mark. The gospel is so so simple! Over and over in the scriptures it says that the Lord speaks in plainness. We don't need to complicate things or think about things too much. Focus on doing those small and simple things because they add up to something HUGE. Sorry for my novel every week. There are just so many good things happening here in Jamaica! I love this gospel and my Savior. Sometimes I just can't even believe I'm actually in JAMAICA. I'm so blessed.
Xoxo, Sister Allen :)
Comments
Post a Comment