Hi!!!
This is the hardest, best, most exciting, uncomfortable thing I've ever done, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! It seriously feels like I've been gone for like 6 months already hahah. Every day feels the same here. It's insanehow much you can get done when you wake up at 6 and go to bed at 10:30 every night. I love the MTC!! It's a totally new experience, but it's awesome! My companion is Sister Lichtenberg, from Michigan and we're both going to Jamaica together! Yay! We haven't found anyone else going to Jamaica yet and we are still getting so many surprised looks when we tell people we're going to Jamaica. It's the best and I can't wait to finally be there! Except we just found out we have to go to the health clinic and I think they have to take blood...sooo we'll see if we survive that. I HATE NEEDLES.
My district is so awesome! It consists of 4 sisters and 8 elders. I know I'm only 20, but I feel like an old lady compared to everyone else here. Everyone else in our district is either going to Washington, Colorado, or Kansas. Our teachers are incredible and I've learned so much already! I've learned that teaching truly is all about who we're teaching and they're specific needs rather than just a recited lesson. The gospel is so much more simple than we make it sometimes! I still hate role plays with a burning passion, but I'm slowly getting used to it haha. We didn't get to go on a temple walk on Sunday, but we got to go this morning and that was so awesome! We were joking that it felt like leaving jail for a little while. The food here is pretty bad...but at least they have a ton of options so you can usually find something that is edible. I miss your home cooked meals mom! (And Karen!) We have so many workshops and classes, but they're so interesting and the teachers are amazing!
The Stanley's and Mark - Thank you so so sooo much for the Krispy Kremes!!! My whole district loved them!
I'll try to send pics later. I forgot my camera cord in my room haha.
I love you all so much!!!!
Love, Sister Allen
This is the hardest, best, most exciting, uncomfortable thing I've ever done, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! It seriously feels like I've been gone for like 6 months already hahah. Every day feels the same here. It's insanehow much you can get done when you wake up at 6 and go to bed at 10:30 every night. I love the MTC!! It's a totally new experience, but it's awesome! My companion is Sister Lichtenberg, from Michigan and we're both going to Jamaica together! Yay! We haven't found anyone else going to Jamaica yet and we are still getting so many surprised looks when we tell people we're going to Jamaica. It's the best and I can't wait to finally be there! Except we just found out we have to go to the health clinic and I think they have to take blood...sooo we'll see if we survive that. I HATE NEEDLES.
My district is so awesome! It consists of 4 sisters and 8 elders. I know I'm only 20, but I feel like an old lady compared to everyone else here. Everyone else in our district is either going to Washington, Colorado, or Kansas. Our teachers are incredible and I've learned so much already! I've learned that teaching truly is all about who we're teaching and they're specific needs rather than just a recited lesson. The gospel is so much more simple than we make it sometimes! I still hate role plays with a burning passion, but I'm slowly getting used to it haha. We didn't get to go on a temple walk on Sunday, but we got to go this morning and that was so awesome! We were joking that it felt like leaving jail for a little while. The food here is pretty bad...but at least they have a ton of options so you can usually find something that is edible. I miss your home cooked meals mom! (And Karen!) We have so many workshops and classes, but they're so interesting and the teachers are amazing!
The Stanley's and Mark - Thank you so so sooo much for the Krispy Kremes!!! My whole district loved them!
I'll try to send pics later. I forgot my camera cord in my room haha.
I love you all so much!!!!
Love, Sister Allen
Comments
Post a Comment